Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First Post


Okay, I'm finally getting on the blogging bandwagon, no pun intended. This is my first post and hopefully it will lead to more.

I am currently working on fixing up the website, Mukwonagobands.com, but I'm having difficulty with my FTP. I use Dreamweaver by Adobe, they bought Macrobmedia a few years back, and every time I attempt to upload new files, it tells me there is a problem with my FTP, or I may have a permissions problem. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Marching band dates will be released soon. The process starts by figuring out when the teachers and staff are most available in the summer. From there, we determine how we want to structure the camps, 5 day-5 day, 3 day-4 day-3 day, and so on. Based on history, we have determined that two 5 day camps are no longer viable in our district, so we explore other options until we find one that "works."

After the format is decided on, we then figure dates. Those dates are then put onto a "Facility Use Form" that is required by the district and sent up for approval or denial. It is then a waiting game to find out if what we have planned is approved. Once approved we then make the announcement to everyone as to the schedule. If denied, then we go back to the drawing board.

We are currently waiting for approval and once we hear that it is approved, we will anounce the dates for Marching Band 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice picture cappy
-gerotto1