Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Who invented FTP?

FTP is the devil. So I ended up calling Yahoo!, which is who we use for the MukwonagoBands.com web site, and they couldn't fix the problem either. Everything on their end is working just fine. The very nice customer service rep. even uploaded a picture to our site briefly and he had no problems.

This whole thing of FTP is just foreign to me. I mean, why can't it be as simple as saying I have this file, I want it published to the internet, go! I mean come on! :)

Anyway, I was told I should just us Filezilla to upload my files, so that's what I am doing now. But it's another step that I have to take in order to get my files published. I know that it doesn't mean much, but it's just a bother.

Oh well, tomorrow will be a brighter day. Oh wait, I mean another snowy day. :)

Happy Trails!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"The first FTP standard was RFC 114, published in April 1971, before TCP and IP even existed." - http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_FTPOverviewHistoryandStandards.htm